How to Register for Classes
Now that you have your acceptance letter in your hand, it’s time to complete the registration process. If you’re a first-time Cleveland State student seeking a degree, you’ll receive an invitation to attend a New Student Advising and Registration (NSAR) session to assist you through the registration process. Sessions are held in the months prior to the start of each semester, and more details are sent with your NSAR invitation. You can also follow the steps below to complete the registration process.
Students are required to meet with an academic advisor in order to register for classes. New students, receive advising at NSAR session. Committing, or re-admit and transfer students can meet with assigned advisor, visit advising center when open, or contact the appropriate department:
Business and Technology (423) 478-6224
Humanities and Social Sciences (423) 478-6230
Math and Science (423) 478-6232
Nursing and Health (423) 478-6228
Non-Degree (423) 478-6217
With your acceptance letter, you’ll receive information on how to log into your CougarNet account. Go to http://cougarnet.clevelandstatecc.edu and follow the instructions to obtain your username and password. CougarNet is Cleveland State’s website that gives you access to student services. Through CougarNet, you can register for classes, make tuition and fee payments, check on your grades, check your class schedule, check your financial aid status, keep up with what’s happening on campus and more.
NOTE: You must be admitted to Cleveland State to gain registration access to CougarNet.
Register for classes:
Go to CourgarNet and click on the “My Account” tab. Under “Registration Tools & Forms” click “Look up Classes”
Note: You could also go to ‘Add or Drop classes’ if you already have the Course Registration Numbers (CRN) numbers.
- Click on the appropriate semester for which you wish to register
- Go to advanced search, select the subject areas (hold ctrl while selecting separate subject areas).
- Click submit.
- Select the courses which you prefer that are not closed.
- At the bottom of the page click register.
Note: If there are any error messages on the schedule page you will need to address them.
Once you register for classes, you’ll need to pay for your classes before the advertised date. You can pay your fees by credit card through CougarNet by going to http://cougarnet.clevelandstatecc.edu and following these instructions:
- Log into CougarNet using your username and password and select the “My Account” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on “My Statement” on the left-hand side of the page. Select the appropriate term (“Summer Semester,” etc.) in the drop-down box and click “Submit.”
- You should now see your account details showing the current amount due. Click “Pay Now” and follow the procedures for paying by credit card.
Stop by or call the Cleveland Campus business office to make payment:
NOTE: Please pay your fees by the advertised date. This ensures you get the classes you want, when you want them. Athens Campus business office does not take payments.