How to Use CougarNet
Welcome to CougarNet!
CougarNet is Cleveland State Community College’s internal website for students. As a student, CougarNet is your main tool to access all the resources needed to keep in touch with Cleveland State. Whether you need to register for classes; check out your grades; review your financial aid status; or communicate with faculty, staff and other students, it all happens in CougarNet.
So what are you waiting for? Read below to find out how you hop onto Cleveland State’s internal information superhighway! If you’re not able to log on or register for CougarNet after reviewing the information below, our Help Desk is here to lend a helping hand.
To get started, you’ll need to determine your CougarNet username. Here’s how. 1. Go to the Cleveland State website and click on the CougarNet logo at the top right-hand side of the home page. 2. Click “what’s my username” at the bottom of the CougarNet login screen. 3. Fill out your Social Security number and birth date. 4. Click “Search.” 5. You should now see your CougarNet username. Your default password is your six-digit birthday. For example, if you were born on July 14, 1985, your password would then be 071485.
CougarNet is the only place you’ll need to turn to stay connected to Cleveland State. Through CougarNet, you’ll receive announcements and emails from CSCC departments, instructors and other students. Therefore, you should frequent both the home tab and your email in CougarNet to stay updated with Cleveland State happenings.
- Login to CougarNet.
- Campus announcements and personal announcements are on the top left-hand side of the page.
- New announcements are displayed in this area.
- Login to CougarNet.
- Either click the email button in the top right-hand corner or use “My E-mail Inbox” on the home tab.
- A window should appear. If it does not, you may have a popup blocker on and you will need to disable it. If you’re using Internet Explorer, you may see a yellow bar across the top of the page warning you that a window is trying to open. Click the yellow bar and click “Allow.”
CougarNet groups allow students, clubs, workgroups, committees and other affiliations and interests to participate in online groups. By using CougarNet groups, you can share a calendar, participate in a live chat room or an interactive discussion board and share photos and other files in real-time.
Group Studio can be accessed by clicking on the “Groups” icon at the top right-hand corner of the page.
If you are a member of a group, check your group site frequently to stay updated on your club or organization.
My Account in CougarNet allows you to register for courses, determine financial aid requirements and eligibility, pay your account balance and more. To register for classes in CougarNet, you’ll need the course reference number for your classes and your CougarNet username and password. To find course reference numbers for your classes, search under My Account tab or use the online schedule, located on the CougarNet home tab.
Searching for Classes
- Login to CougarNet and click the “My Account” tab at the top.
- On the left-hand side under “Registration Tools,” click “Look Up Classes.”
- Select the proper term and click “Submit.”
- You must choose a subject, but the other criteria selections are optional.
- Click “Class Search.” 6. Register for classes by checking the box next to the classes you need and then scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking “Register.” Or you can note the CRN number of the classes you plan to take, and use this number in the following steps.
Registering for Classes
- Log in to CougarNet and click “My Account” tab at the top.
- On the left-hand side under “Registration Tools,” click “Add or Drop Classes.”
- Select the appropriate term and click “Submit.”
- Type in the CRN from above and click “Submit Changes.”
- You should see the class(es) in your registered list unless registration errors occur. If you receive a registration error, contact Admissions and Records at (423) 478-6214.
Financial Aid Requirements
CougarNet also allows you to check your financial aid progress. Log in and frequent this channel to download and print necessary forms. 1. To get the latest on your financial aid status, select the appropriate school year, click the right arrow beside “Choose Another Year” and click “Go.” 2. Your requirements should be listed in this channel. A green check indicates that you have completed that requirement successfully. For more information on any requirement, click on the name of the requirement for the form or the available link. To speak directly to someone in Financial Aid, call (423) 473-2289.
This channel provides your basic academic profile. You should also talk to your assigned advisor to ensure you’re on the right track. Your advisor should be listed in this channel. Non-degree students should contact the ACCESS Center for advisement or assistance.
Help Desk Information
Help Desk support is provided during regular business hours (8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Monday through Friday).
(800) 604-2722, ext. 210