Guidance Letter P-040
CLEVELAND STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE Cleveland, Tennessee
SUBJECT: Work Week
A regular 37.5 hour week was established at Cleveland State Community College effective January l, 1982 (See TBR Policy No. 5:01:00:00).
Application and Scope
Full-time twelve-month personnel, including fiscal year faculty, must be on campus 37.5 hours per week subject to the following conditions:
- A one-hour lunch/meal break is allowed and will not be counted as time worked.
- One fifteen minute break in the morning and fifteen minute break in the afternoon are allowed and will be counted as time worked.
- Academic year faculty must schedule 30 hours per week of classes or office hours, leaving 7.5 hours for other work on or off campus. Faculty shall post their schedules on their office doors no later than one week after the beginning of classes.
- MODFY appointments - The implementation of the 37.5 hour week will have no impact on MODFY appointments other than to reduce the hours worked 37.5 per week.
- Part-time personnel will work the number of hours as outlined in their contracts. Where contract provides for a percentage for regular time such as 50%, it will be percentage of the 37.5 hour week.
The official workday will be 7.5 hours Monday thru Friday. All attendance records and time sheets will be kept in hours and tenth of hours reflecting the actual hours worked each day and week. The following schedule of tenths of hour shall be followed in the documenting of time worked per day:
.1 hour = 1 - 6 minutes
.2 hours = 7 - 12 minutes
.3 hours = 13 - l8 minutes
.4 hours = 19 - 24 minutes
.5 hours = 25 - 30 minutes
.6 hours = 31 - 36 minutes
.7 hours = 37 - 42 minutes
.8 hours = 43 - 48 minutes
.9 hours = 49 - 54 minutes
1.0 hours = 55 - 60 minutes
- Any exceptions must received written approval of the President.
- See CSCC Guidance Letter P-010 for compensatory time and overtime.
- Full-time twelve-month personnel, including fiscal year faculty, must be on campus 37.5 hours per week subject to the following conditions:
Revised: June 15, 1993