Policy No. 1:07:00:00
CLEVELAND STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE Cleveland, Tennessee
SUBJECT: Standards and Procedures for Forms and Records
The purpose of this policy is to ensure the college complies with the paperwork Reduction and Act of 1976, Chapter 757 of the Public Acts of 1976, and the memorandum from the Chancellor of the State Board of Regents, dated June 2, 1976.
- Form - A form is a document containing blank spaces for the insertion of information. Included items such as letterhead, envelopes, labels, stickers, tags, and similar items.
- Internal (Departmental/Agency) Forms - Forms which are originated by any department of the college.
- External Forms - Forms originating from all sources other than the College. This includes all federal, state, and private agencies.
Internal Forms Control
The following guidelines must be followed in the reissuance of present internal forms and in the issuance of new internal forms.
- No form presently in use in the institution may be reprinted, with or without revisions, without placing institutional form number in the lower left corner of the form. Form numbers of forms presently approved for use may be obtained from the Office of Institutional Planning and Research.
- All new forms shall be submitted to the appropriate executive administrator prior to use. The executive administrator will notify the department or division if and when the new form is approved for use.
The following procedures must be followed in eliminating obsolete forms or forms that are no longer needed in the department
- All departments will be asked annually by the Office of Institutional Planning and Research to review each form presently approved for use in order to identify forms that are obsolete or no longer needed.
- All forms identified by the departments as obsolete or no longer needed will be recommended for elimination.
- The following guidelines must be followed in the reissuance of present internal forms and in the issuance of new internal forms.
Records Retention and Disposition
All records will be maintained for the retention periods established by the approved records disposition schedule.
Source: SBR memorandum from the Chancellor dated June 2, 1976, concerning implementation of Paperwork and Simplification Act of 1976, Chapter 757 of the Public Acts of 1976. Executive Board Minutes, 4-23-79.
Revised: December 1, 1992