Policy No. 5:00:01:02
CLEVELAND STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE Cleveland, Tennessee
SUBJECT: Testing for Keyboarding and Dictation Requirements
- Testing is required in order to be considered for any position that requires keyboarding and dictation.
- Applicants must meet the minimum requirements as to speed required for the particular position.
Longevity of Test Scores
- All applicants for positions that require keyboarding and dictation tests will be advised that keyboarding and dictation tests scores will be accorded credibility for a maximum of one year from the date tests are administered.
- Any individual may retake the test(s). However, they will be advised that the latest test(s) score will be the one that will be accorded credibility.
Administration of Tests
- The Human Resource Office is responsible for administering keyboarding and dictation tests. Tests will be scheduled as necessary and applicants for position that require keyboarding and/or dictation will be advised of the next scheduled test.
- All applicants will be advised in advance that permission to take the test will require that the applicant supply a current vehicle operator license or other suitable descriptive identification.
Source: Executive Board Minutes, May 30, 1979
Revised: December 1, 1992; June 26, 2003