Policy No. 5:03:00:00
CLEVELAND STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE Cleveland, Tennessee
SUBJECT: Performance Evaluations of Employees
- This policy is applicable to all employees.
- All employees are required to be evaluated annually.
- Evaluation reports must reach the appropriate executive administrator by the third Tuesday in March of each year. Any exceptions are included in the policy outlining processing requirements of the particular category of employee.
- All evaluations require a conference with the employee by the supervisor. This is probably the most important phase of the evaluation process. It should afford an opportunity for the employee to discuss any matter related to his employment. Supervisors should bring to the attention of the employee any areas where improvement is indicated and make available appropriate opportunities for help in achieving improvement. Any exceptions are included in the policy outlining processing requirements of the particular category of employee.
- The conference is not a substitute for the informal counseling sessions with employee which should occur as needed.
Purpose of Evaluation
Evaluation serves a two-fold purpose. Most important, it provides a time for reflection and planning for the employee which will aid in self-improvement. It also is used in decisions on promotion, salary increase, tenure status, and other personnel action.
Record of Evaluation
The evaluation becomes a part of the employee’s permanent record filed in the college personnel office.
Evaluation by Other Employees
An employee of Cleveland State Community College may evaluate any other employee including supervisory personnel.
Related: CSCC Policy Nos. 5:03:02:00 (faculty), 5:03:07:00 (temporary employees), 5:03:08:00 (faculty), and 5:03:09:00 (non-credit faculty)
Revised: January 1, 1993