The Honors Program is for students who excel in academics and have a desire to explore in greater depth the major topics covered in the curriculum. The Honors Program, designed to augment the course work required for a degree, is open to all students who meet qualifying criteria.
Honors courses will:
- challenge academically well-prepared students;
- allow students to explore opportunities for professional growth and development;
- offer opportunities for independent and original work;
- offer opportunities for in-depth study of interdisciplinary issues;
- enable students to demonstrate their ability to succeed in challenging work, documenting their potential for future success;
- enhance potential opportunities for scholarships; and
- provide special recognition at graduation.
HONORS Follows you FAR Beyond School
Honors is a way of life. Being designated as an Honors Student is far more then academic accolade; it is a tangible symbol of the way you approach life. It is a symbol that represents you well as you enter the work world. It is a solid foundation on which to build a career.
The Cleveland State Honors Program is designed for students who excel in academics and have a desire to explore in greater depth the major topics covered in the standard curriculum.