Transfer and Articulation Agreements
Cleveland State works diligently to ensure that our course credits transfer seamlessly with four-year colleges. The result of these efforts to allow you to transfer your credits is called an “articulation agreement” between CSCC and a four-year institution. These agreements are signed “contracts” with other schools that reflect the hard work of our faculty to pave the way for your educational success. One set of these agreements are the Tennessee Transfer Pathways through which CSCC students follow a clear academic plan beginning at CSCC on to all public and many private institutions in the state. The link below will take you to more information about those pathways.
Tennessee Transfer Pathways (includes these Four-Year Colleges/University: Austin Peay State University, Baptist College of Health Sciences, Bethel University, Carson-Newman University, Christian Brothers University, Cumberland University, East Tennessee State University, Freed-Hardeman University, Lane College, Lee University, Lincoln Memorial University, Lipscomb University, Martin Methodist College, Maryville College, Middle Tennessee State University, Milligan College, Tennessee State University, Tennessee Tech University, Tennessee Wesleyan College, Trevecca Nazarene University, Tusculum College, Union University, University of Memphis, University of Tennessee- Chattanooga, University of Tennessee- Knoxville, University of Tennessee- Martin, and Watkins College of Art, Design & Film)
The University of Tennessee at Knoxville (UTK) has provided additional information about transfer from state community colleges such as CSCC to UTK in the below document:
CSCC has also partnered with other four-year institutions to create strong partnerships for you as you graduate with your Associates degree and continue on to your Baccalaureate degree. The links below will take you to information about these partnerships with other colleges and universities.
- Bethel University - College of Public Service
- Bryan College
- Capella University
- King University
- Lee University
- University of Phoenix
- Western Governors University (WGU)
Below are course equivalency charts for some colleges and universities that may provide additional assistance.
- Austin Peay University
- East Tennessee State University
- Lee University
- Middle Tennessee State University
- Regent’s Online Degree Program
- Tennessee State University
- Tennessee Tech University
- Tennessee Wesleyan College
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (A-L)
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (M-Z)
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga School of Nursing RN-BSN Gateway
- University of Tennessee at Knoxville
- University of Tennessee at Martin
Cleveland State’s articulation agreements are available in the office of Academic Affairs. Please contact Dr. Michele Wollert at 423-473-2360 or email email@example.com.
Some programs have streamlined the path from associates degrees to baccalaureate degrees. Those program articulation agreements are below.
- Early Childhood Education to Lee University
- Early Childhood Education to Tennessee Wesleyan College
- Honors Program to UTC
- Interdisciplinary Studies at Lee University
- Social Work to Southern Adventist University
- Social Work to Tennessee Wesleyan University