Academic Counseling

Thinking about going to college? Interested in attending Cleveland State? Our staff can help with understanding the admissions process and different academic programs. Contact a counselor to discuss enrolling at Cleveland State.

If you need help choosing your classes, contact your academic advisor, who is assigned by the Admissions and Records Office. ACCESS Center counselors are assigned as advisors for students who are undecided about their major or are non-degree seeking.

Once you’re enrolled, we want to help you succeed in your academic program. The ACCESS Center provides information and workshops on various topics related to student success. Look for the next workshop under “Upcoming Events” on the ACCESS Center home page, or click here for a list of student success resources.

Students planning to transfer to a university or four year college to complete a bachelor’s degree can get help with information and application materials from many colleges. Copies of transfer agreements with four year colleges are also available in the ACCESS Center.