Career Counseling & Exploration
College is a time full of life-changing decisions. It’s only natural that you’ll have questions about majors and careers during this time, and ACCESS Center counselors are here to listen and help you find your way safely and successfully into the world of work. To assist in the career planning process, numerous resources are available, including career assessments and career exploration websites.
Once you’re ready to go after your dream job, you’ll need a resume to help make a positive impression on prospective employers. Our staff at the ACCESS Center can help you create a high-quality resume and can also provide pointers on how you can best present yourself and your skills during interviews.
Not sure where to find your dream job? Current students and graduates can use our online Job Board to look for local and national employers who have part-time and full-time job openings.
The Cleveland State ACCESS Center is excited to announce the launch of Job Board! This new web-based system will allow you to search for local jobs, create resumes and career portfolios and search for national jobs and internships.
The only requirements for accessing this database are:
- You must be a current student or alumni of CSCC
- You must have a working e-mail address
For assistance with setting up your Job Board account as well as editing or updating your information, see the Registration Instructions below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mary at 423-478-6217 or email email@example.com. You may also come by the ACCESS Center in Room U118 of the Student Center.
STUDENT REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
All students are eligible to use the Cleveland State Community College online job board after completing the following registration process through a site that has been specially designed by College Central Network. Follow these simple steps:
- Go to: www.collegecentral.com/clevelandstatecc
- Select the Student icon, and read the information and announcements on the next page.
- Go to the Register Now link.
- Create an Access ID and a Password that you will remember then Continue Registration.
- Complete all requested information on the registration form. Employers will search this information to choose appropriate candidates, so be as thorough as possible.
- Be sure to select the degree and major that you are pursuing so that the Job Agent can notify you of jobs posted to your school that match your interests.
- From your homepage, select Search for Jobs/Opportunities Posted to My School, enter criteria specific to the type of job you are seeking, and then Begin Search. Also Search for Jobs in CCN’s Jobs Central, our national jobs database.
- To monitor your job search, select View My Job Search History from your homepage.
- From your homepage, complete the Report Offers/Hires when you are offered a job.
- Review the Career Advice Documents and Video Library to get additional job search tips and company info.
- On your homepage, select Upload a Resume or Build a Resume and follow the instructions. If you do not upload a resume, employers will not be able to find you when they search for candidates and you may miss out on opportunities.
CREATE A PORTFOLIO
- Build a portfolio to show prospective employers samples of your work and achievements and to get an edge on the competition.
- Include examples of items highlighted on your resume.
You can visit the Web site at anytime, 24/7. To login, after selecting the Student icon from the homepage, select Login at Student Central on the next screen. Enter your Access ID and Password. If you forget your ID or Password, go to the login screen to access it. Be sure to keep your information and resume up to date.
Registrations and resumes that have not been updated in 18 months will be purged from the database.
Cleveland State Community College makes no representations or guarantees about positions listed by Career Services. CSCC is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of the individuals to research the integrity of the organizations to which they are applying. The individual is advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization or a private party. You should not go alone to a residential address to apply for a job. Do not put yourself in a vulnerable position. Even the best job opportunity is not worth jeopardizing your personal safety.
This web site also contains links to other web sites not under the control of CSCC Career Services and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site. Career Services provides these links only as a convenience. CSCC and Career Services assume no liability for acts of omissions by third parties or for material supplied by them.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Students may request that CSCC not release directory information about them by contacting the Admissions and Records Office. Provisions of FERPA allow universities to release “directory” information about students without further permission. FERPA defines “directory” information as a student’s name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, major field of study, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, honors and awards, dates of attendance, degrees received, and the most recent previous educational institution attended. CSCC Career Services may release such information to employers seeking interns, part-time or full-time employees. Students may request that CSCC not release directory information about them by completing a “Request to Prevent Disclosure of Directory Information” form in the Office of the Registrar.
By posting resumes and other documents on the Job Board, students thereby grant Career Services the right to disclose those documents to employers.
U.S. Department of Education FERPA Information