The program objectives are to:
Encourage secondary career and technical education students to pursue a postsecondary education at CSCC.
Reduce student costs and time for degree completion.
Meet the need for more students to enter the workplace with a certificate or associate in applied science.
Reduce repetition of mastered competencies between secondary career and technical education and Cleveland State.
Provide a smooth transition from secondary career and technical education to CSCC.
Align programs to complement one another.
Use performance-based competencies and an assessment given by Cleveland State faculty to measure the student’s skill levels.
Prepare students for the future workforce and to compete in the global market.
Articulated major areas at Cleveland State Community College in which credit may be applied are:
- Business and Management
- Computer Information Systems
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- General and Industrial Technology
- Administrative Professional Technology
Process for Receiving Dual Credit
- To earn college credit students must enroll at CSCC within two years of graduating from high school.
- Student must successfully complete articulated high school course(s).
- Students must take the Dual Credit Assessment. This assessment can only be taken once.
- On course assessment or sanctioned industry assessment the appropriate "Pass" grade must be obtained to receive dual credit.
- To apply for dual credit, download application for Prior Learning Assessment. Complete top portion of form and return it to the Enrollment services Center for processing.
Program Structure and Administration
- Dual credit courses offered in high schools must have common student learning outcomes with the articulated CSCC course.
- High school end of course assessment must be approved for dual credit by CSCC faculty of the appropriate academic division/department of the college.
For further information about dual credit, contact the Dual Credit Coordinator at (423) 472-7141 ext. 739 or 1-800-604-2722 ext. 739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.