Excited about the possibility of financial aid? We’re here to help every step of the way. To get started, review the steps below and contact us with any questions or concerns you have.
- As soon as possible after January 1, electronically submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine financial need. (Print copies of everything you submit.)
- Submit verifying documents as requested by the Financial Aid Office.
- If you’ve not been accepted for admission at Cleveland State Community College, complete the steps for admission. If you do not declare a major, or you are listed as non-degree seeking or transient student, you are not eligible for financial aid. Please contact the Enrollment Services Center to ask about changing your status if you are in need of financial aid.
- Mid-year transfer students should inform the Financial Aid Office at your current school of your intentions to transfer to CSCC. Financial aid at your current school must be canceled before aid can be disbursed at CSCC.
- Meet Cleveland State’s satisfactory academic progress standards (see catalog) for financial aid recipients.
- A parent who wishes to apply for a PLUS loan for a dependent student should contact the Financial Aid Office.