Summer Information


Summer 2024

Welcome to the Cleveland State Community College family. The online application will close on July 6, 2024, but students can connect with the Admissions Office to discuss options for taking summer classes after that date.

New applicants will be assigned a Student Success Advisor that will help walk them through the process of registration as well as turning in all obligations for admissions and financial aid.

Returning, Transfer and Transient students will be assisted by an Enrollment Services Specialist to make sure all the proper documents have been turned in to both offices.

2024 Summer Registration Calendar

First Summer Day Session

Enrollment Period, April 1 – June 3
Classes Begin, May 28

Second Summer Day Session

Enrollment Period, April 1 – July 6
Classes Begin, June 30

Full Session and Evening Classes

Enrollment Period, April 1 – June 3
Classes Begin, May 28

Visiting / Transient Student

A guide to Enrolling in CLSCC for Visiting/Transient Students (students enrolled at another college/university):

College Application

  • Step 1 – Apply for admission to the college. Apply online at
  • Step 2 – Submit a valid driver’s license and an official Transcript or Transient Approval Form from the most recent college attended. For courses which have prerequisites, the transcript must show passing of the appropriate prerequisite course and is required PRIOR to registration.
  • Step 3 – Admissions will process information submitted. Transient students DO NOT need to see an advisor or need an Advising PIN to register.

Consult with home institution before you register at CLSCC

  • CLSCC is not responsible for transfer credit at another school. Before completing the steps above, it is the student’s responsibility to ensure with the home institution that any courses taken at CLSCC will be accepted at the home institution.

Students on Academic Suspension at Home Institution

  • Students who are on Academic Suspension at the home institution MUST provide a transcript which identifies the terms of the suspension (one term, three term, etc.) and MUST be approved by the Assistant Registrar or Director of Admissions and Records / Registrar to enroll at CLSCC.

Registration Dates and Times

  • Transient students who have completed ALL of the steps above may begin registration. Registration for summer term is April 1 – June 3.

How do I find out if the course I want to take is available?
Use the online schedule located on our website’s homepage to see if the course is offered. Be aware that space in most classes is limited so the sooner you register for a course the better chance you have to get a seat in that course.

Do I have an assigned advisor?
Transient students may contact an Enrollment Services Specialist for general advising-related questions.

When should I pay for my classes?
Tuition and fees must be paid in full by the published deadline. Tuition due dates can be found at These dates are applicable whether paying by cash, credit card, third parties, VA and all forms of financial aid. After this date, you will be removed from your classes for non-payment.

What is CougarNet?
CougarNet is Cleveland State’s internal website to online student services including:  class registration, fee payments, grades, class schedules, email and much more. CougarNet is available 24/7 and is the gateway to all the things you will need to be successful at Cleveland State.

I’m having trouble logging on to my CougarNet account.  Can anyone help me?
Yes. The Computer help desk can be reached M-F from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm at 423-478-6210 or 800-604-2722 ext. 210 and emailed at

What is the difference between a Cleveland State web class and a Tennessee eCampus class?
TN eCampus courses have additional fees, the instructor is often from another institution, and the textbooks must be purchased from the Tn eCampus online bookstore. For more information go to

When and how do I access my TN eCampus course?
Students cannot log in to their class until the published date that classes begin. To log in, select the RODP/TN eCampus symbol at the top of your CougarNet page and look for the directions on the right side of the page.

Transient students are not eligible for financial aid. You must be enrolled at Cleveland State Community College in an eligible degree program to receive financial aid.

Dual Enrollment Student

What classes can dual enrollment students take?
Dual enrollment students can register to take any class on our schedule that they qualify for. If wanting or expecting to get the high school credit as well as the college credit for the course, they must clear that or get approval from their high school guidance counselor prior to registering for the course.

Can dual students receive the dual enrollment lottery grant?
Yes. Dual Students must register for the lottery grant every semester by going to the state website ( and must meet specified criteria for eligibility. All information can be found in the Dual Registration Packet.

How do I register for a dual enrollment course?
Dual Enrollment students apply on the main website (Early College/Dual Enrollment option).  They will then fill out and turn in a dual registration packet and submit it to Enrollment Services by specified deadline.

Who to call for more information:
Dual Enrollment Office: 423-614-8734